Charles William Frank Schoelzel1902 - 2000 (97 years)
Name Charles William Frank Schoelzel Born 17 Apr 1902 Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]
- 173 Crystal St.
Gender Male Census 1910 Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA 
- 2500 Monticello Avenue
Census 1920 Denver, Colorado, USA 
- 1462 South Clarkson St.
Census 1930 Denver, Colorado, USA  Census 1940 Denver, Colorado, USA 
- 376 Dexter
Residence Jun 1979 Denver, Colorado, USA  Residence Dec 1979 Denver, Colorado, USA 
- 701 Oneida Street
Residence Apr 1999 Denver, Colorado, USA  Occupation Bank Clerk  Occupation Insurance department manager  Buried Mar 2000 Fairmount Cemetery Mausoleum, Denver, Colorado, USA 
- Section 1536, Column G (Main Floor)
Died 31 Mar 2000 Meridian Nursing Home, Denver, Colorado, USA [8, 9] Notes
- Called “Charlie Boy” by his mother. Loved baseball.
Forced to leave high school when his father lost his business in 1917 (1940 census lists his education level as H-3, meaning he completed his junior year). He had plans of attending the University of Illinois, but instead he entered the workforce to help support the family. Never did complete his formal education.
In Denver, he worked for Lyons and Johnson collecting rents, but soon after developed a rheumatic condition so painful that he could not walk. The condition was cured by a tonsillectomy (likely to have been rheumatic fever). Re-entered the job market, but resigned from many jobs because they failed to challenge him. Sought a position as a typist despite a lack of typing skills. Received a quick lesson from his uncle (Frank Knuth) and got the job! Remained until his retirement from the company (which became Van Schaack and Company) as Vice President. Working as an “insurance clerk” in January of 1920.
After marrying Lona, lived with his mother and sister for a short time. [5, 7, 11]
Person ID I30 Mohr-Whalen | Blood relatives of Brad Mohr Last Modified 2 Sep 2016
Father Karl Wilhelm Schoelzel
b. 30 Jan 1877, Schneidemühl, Posen, Prussia
d. 5 Feb 1956, Denver, Colorado, USA (Age 79 years)
Mother Emma Sophia Knuth
b. 27 Mar 1882, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA
d. 2 Dec 1979, Iliff Care Center, Denver, Colorado, USA (Age 97 years)
Family ID F19 Group Sheet | Family Chart
Family Lona Rosella Balay
b. 27 Jul 1904, Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa, USA
d. 9 Aug 1992, Aurora, Adams County, Colorado, USA (Age 88 years)
Married 25 Sep 1923 South Presbyterian Church, Denver, Colorado, USA [4, 10, 16]
- Married by Rev. A.N. Wolf
- Marriage performed by A. N. Wolf. 
Children 1. Dr. Elaine Patricia Schoelzel
b. 24 Dec 1926, Denver, Colorado, USA
d. 6 Aug 2014, Rollinsville, Gilpin County, Colorado, USA (Age 87 years)
+ 2. Phyllis Diane Schoelzel
b. 7 Jan 1928, Denver, Colorado, USA
d. 7 Aug 1964, Denver, Colorado, USA (Age 36 years)
+ 3. C.W. Schoelzel + 4. Philip Wayne Schoelzel
b. 28 Mar 1934, Denver, Colorado, USA
d. 25 Jun 1979, St. Joseph Hospital, Denver, Colorado, USA (Age 45 years)
Last Modified 15 Nov 2016 21:12:32 Family ID F20 Group Sheet | Family Chart
Event Map Click to hide = Link to Google Earth Pin Legend : Address : Location : City/Town : County/Shire : State/Province : Country : Not Set
- [S9] Research notes of Wendell C. Mohr.
- [S865] Birth Certificate of Charles William Frank Schoelzel.
- [S96] 1910 US Census - Household of Charles Knuth.
- [S118] Pages removed from a family Bible (Schoelzel?), author unknown.
- [S2] Letter to Bradley Mohr, Elaine Schoelzel.
- [S2198] 1930 US Census - Household of Charles W. Schoelzel Jr.
- [S2210] 1940 US Census - Household of Charles Wm. Schoelzel, Jr.
- [S6] US Social Security Death Index.
- [S3327] U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007, Ancestry.com.
- [S4131] Letter to Wendell & Jo Ann Mohr, Lona Schoelzel.
- [S21] 1920 US Census - Household of Charles N. [W.] Schoelzel.
- [S213] Obituary of Phillip Wayne Schoelzel.
- [S34] Certificate of Death of Emma Sophie Schoelzel.
- [S2391] Obituary of Steven Grant Wilkins.
- [S63] Personal papers of Grace Schoelzel (Mohr).
- [S2160] Colorado, Statewide Marriage Index, 1900-1939, FamilySearch.org (Division of Vital Statistics, Department of Health. Colorado State Archives, Denver), 96513.
- [S2160] Colorado, Statewide Marriage Index, 1900-1939, FamilySearch.org (Division of Vital Statistics, Department of Health. Colorado State Archives, Denver).
- [S9] Research notes of Wendell C. Mohr.