1827 - 1903 (75 years)
The native Person Profile lists the names of all branches that the profiled person is in.
This mod hides branch names from some non-administrative users.
The exact set of branch names that are hidden from which users is determined by a mod option
See the mod options or the Wiki article for specifics.
||Sophia Kortuer  |
||Swinemünde, Pommern, Prussia [4, 5, 6, 7]
||20 Apr 1870
||New York, New York County, New York, USA 
|Also Known As
||Sophie  |
||Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA 
|Cause of Death
||General arterial sclerosis with acute bronchitis  |
||Full maiden name is given on the death certificate of Sophia’s daughter Emelia. Last name is difficult to read. Perhaps “Kortuer” or “Korthauer.”  |
||Forest Home Cemetery, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA [4, 7]
||12 Mar 1903
||Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA [4, 7]
||6 Jan 2022 |
b. Abt Jun 1827, Swinemünde, Pommern, Prussia
d. 9 Mar 1887, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA (Age 59 years)
- Family lived at 196 Rucker in Chicago (now Racine, near the intersection with Chicago) in 1880. Johan and Sophia may have had additional children who stayed behind in Swinemünde. 
|+||1. Ferdinand Knuth|
b. Apr 1853, Pommern, Prussia
d. 23 Mar 1902, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA (Age 48 years)
|+||2. Charles E. Knuth|
b. 22 Jan 1856, Pommern, Prussia
d. 16 Dec 1927, Denver, Colorado, USA (Age 71 years)
|+||3. Augusta Knuth|
b. 7 Jan 1859, Swinemünde, Pommern, Prussia
d. 10 Jul 1940, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA (Age 81 years)
|+||4. Minnie Knuth|
b. 3 Dec 1859, Pommern, Prussia
d. 11 Mar 1944, Norwood Park, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA (Age 84 years)
|+||5. Emelia C. Knuth|
b. 4 Sep 1862, Pommern, Prussia
d. 16 Mar 1915, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA (Age 52 years)
| ||6. Henry Knuth|
b. Sep 1865, Pommern, Prussia
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||8 Jan 2020 |
|Birth - Nov 1827 - Swinemünde, Pommern, Prussia
|Immigration - 20 Apr 1870 - New York, New York County, New York, USA
|Census - 1880 - Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA
|Burial - Mar 1903 - Forest Home Cemetery, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA
|Death - 12 Mar 1903 - Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA
|| : Address
: Not Set
- Had lived in Illinois for 32 years at the time of her death, putting her emigration in 1870-71. Sophie is buried at Forest Home with her daughter Minnie and son-in-law Henry Leutz. The three of them share a single headstone (along with two of Henry and Minnie’s sons). Sophia’s death place is given on her death certificate as 896 Crystal St., this is also her residence in an 1898 Chicago directory. This address is the residence of her daughter Augusta and son-in-law August Hagen. She does not appear in the 1900 census in their household, however. [4, 7]
- [S9] Research notes of Wendell C. Mohr.
- [S4132] Emma Schoelzel, Letter to Wendell & Jo Ann Mohr.
- [S1576] Death Certificate of Emelia Wilke.
- [S283] Report of Death of Sophia Knuth.
- [S379] Hamburg Passenger Lists - Johan Knuth Family.
- [S200] 1880 US Census - Household of Charles Knuth.
- [S2984] username Dave H, Find A Grave memorial for Sophie Knuth, #116421740.
- [S378] FamilySearch.org, citing NARA, New York Passenger Lists - Arrival of Johann Knuth family.
- [S538] 1880 US Census - Household of Johan Knuth.